COST & BILLING
Exam Cost Estimates & Financial Questions Before Your Exam: Call toll-free 530-898-0534, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Questions Regarding Your Bill: Call 530-898-0534 Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Dedicated to Providing High Quality Care You Can Afford
With flexible payment plans, financial assistance and experienced board-certified physicians, the Chico Breast Care Center is dedicated to providing you with the highest quality care, at a price you can afford. We understand that some patients do not have insurance and some insurance policies do not cover every type of imaging service. To make sure you get the care you need, the breast center offers:
- Competitive pricing.
- Same-day exam discounts.
- 6-month payment plans without finance fees or interest charges.
- A single bill for all imaging costs.
- Financial assistance or eligible patients, including non-U.S. citizens.
- Participating with most insurance plans.
Payment Flexibility and Lower Breast Health Services Costs
At the Chico Breast Care Center, we offer our patients several cost-saving advantages:
- We never charge a facility fee, which can raise the price of your bill.
- If the 3D (Tomosynthesis) portion of your exam is denied by your insurance company as “experimental” or “investigational”, we will not charge you for that portion of the exam. We do encourage you to file an Independent Medical Review (IMR) through the Department of Managed Health Care – please see instructions below.
- We don’t tack on surprise fees such as separate imaging charges for the exam and the physician
- We offer flexible payment options including same-day discounts and payment plans without interest fees or charges
In any circumstance, please do not delay your mammogram because you are concerned about payment. Please see the Patient Resources or call toll-free 1-530-898-0534, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m..
Independent Medical Review for Non-Coverage of Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (3D Mammography)
Although 3D Mammography is covered by Medicare and Medi-Cal, some private insurance payors are denying payment of this exam by stating that it is “experimental” or “investigational”. We are currently working with the Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC) to secure coverage of this life-saving technology and are encouraging those who receive a denial of the 3D portion of their mammography to file an Independent Medical Review (IMR) online with the DMHC by clicking the link below. You may also contact our billing department at (530) 898-0534 for assistance with filing an IMR. This is a powerful tool that has resulted in many of these denials being overturned. In any circumstance, please do not delay your mammogram because you are concerned about coverage, as we are not passing this cost along to the consumer. Screening mammography is a covered benefit under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and 3D Mammography should be covered accordingly.