PREPARATION FOR EXAMS
There are things that can make your visit to our center easier and more efficient regardless of the reason for your visit:
- Bring the referral form from your physician, if you have one.
- Bring your health insurance card and photo ID.
- If you have had prior imaging exams done elsewhere, please bring the films/CD and reports with you.
- Please leave valuables at home. We cannot be held responsible for lost belongings.
- If there is a possibility that you could be pregnant, please inform our staff prior to your appointment.
- Children under age 12 cannot be left unattended or accompany you into the exam room.
- Please give us 24 hours advance notice if you need to reschedule your appointment.
Some exams require preparation prior to your appointment. Please check the prep instructions below. Patients who are improperly prepared for their exam may need to be rescheduled.
Mammography and/or Breast Ultrasound
- Please do not wear deodorants, powders, or perfumes on the day of your exam.
- Please wear a two piece outfit if possible.
- Bring or have any prior mammogram films/CD sent to us for comparison.
Preparing for Biopsy
If you are referred for a Stereotactic needle biopsy, Ultrasound guided needle biopsy, or fine needle aspiration biopsy, you will receive a very detailed packet of information prior to your procedure. However, here are some basics that are helpful to know:
- Take your usual medications on the day of your appt.
- You may eat a light meal and drink anything you like prior to the biopsy.
- Wear comfortable two-piece clothing and a supportive bra.
- Make-up and hygienic measures are fine, but refrain from using deodorant, lotions, powder and antiperspirants.
- We have medication on site to offer you that helps with any anxiety you may have.
- Should you choose to take it, you cannot drive for several hours, so plan ahead for transportation home.
- Your total appointment will take approximately 1.5 to 2 hours including paperwork, and pre and post biopsy counseling.
- No swimming, baths or hot tubs for 1 week after procedure.
- Avoid strenuous activity for at least 48 hrs. after your procedure.